- This event has passed.
Basics of Biotech
November 17, 2020 @ 8:00 am - November 20, 2020 @ 12:00 pm
Basics of Biotech is a comprehensive, virtual four half day course providing you with an overview of the development of biopharmaceuticals. The course will start with foundational basics and give a detailed overview of the entire process from discovery to commercialization. As an attendee, you will learn a bit of the science behind biotech products, the clinical research process, regulatory filings, and scale-up for manufacturing. Different types of products such as biologic drugs, biosimilars, personalized medicine, stem cell, and regenerative medicine will be outlined.
This training will progress under the umbrella of the development timeline, from start to finish.
Over four half days, this virtual interactive course will…
- Explain the biotech processes, what they are and how they work
- Explain the biotech lab, what it looks like and how it operates
- Explain the biotech product development process
- Examine how manufacturing facilities are built and operate
- Examine the evolution of biotech manufacturing
- Relate each step to the previous steps, and provide you with a seamless, consistent overview
- Provide an overview of basic science, terminology and common areas of failure in product development
- Prepare you to improve in your current role, or be ready to enter the biotech field with foundational knowledge
- Provide an overview of the cell therapy manufacturing process and RMAT product types
Who Should Attend?
This course will benefit anyone who is new to the biotech/biopharma industries, needs to know the process at a high-level, or those who need a refresher. There is no level of prerequisite knowledge or understanding necessary to attend. Additionally, this course will be of value to those who support any step within the development process, including outside vendors.
- November 17, 2020 @ 8:00 am
- November 20, 2020 @ 12:00 pm