- This event has passed.
Drug Discovery Lunch & Learn: Optimizing Your Strategy to Find New Oncology Therapies
November 2 @ 11:30 am - 2:00 pm
Discovery oncology plays a pivotal role in advancing our understanding of cancer biology and in developing innovative therapies that offer new hope to cancer patients. It requires collaboration among scientists, clinicians, pharmaceutical companies, and regulatory agencies to navigate the complex journey from the lab bench to the patient’s bedside. Its goal is to translate scientific discoveries into real-world treatments that improve cancer outcomes. Can’t attend live but still want to meet with a Charles River expert? Complete the registration process and we will be in touch with scheduling options.
The following key areas of oncology drug discovery will be covered:
1. Identification and discovery of molecular targets expressed within or on the surface of cancer cells or within the tumor microenvironment. These targets can include mutated genes, abnormal proteins, preferentially expressed proteins, or signaling pathways that drive cancer growth, survival, or immune evasion.
2. High-throughput screening and other techniques used to identify potential drug candidates that can bind to and modulate the identified cancer targets.
3. Optimization to enhance drug-like properties, such as potency, selectivity for cancer cells, stability, bioavailability, and systemic half-life.
4. Early assessment of combination therapies that address the complexities of cancer biology.
5. Outsourcing oncology drug discovery as a strategic option to expedite development by leveraging external expertise and resources.