- This event has passed.
MedExecWomen 2021 Annual Conference
October 26, 2021
Medical Innovation in a Post-COVID World
October 26, 2021 | Boston
Halloran Consulting Group
12-22 Thompson Place, Seaport
Boston, MA 02111
Agenda (as of September 15) – additional panelists & speakers will be announced in the coming weeks
7:30–8:15 AM Breakfast
8:15–8:30 AM Welcome & Introduction to MedExecWomen
8:30–9:15 AM Opening Keynote:
“COVID: The Great Unveiler – Moving from Fragmentation to Transformation in Healthcare”
Melissa Clarke, MD, FACEP, CMQ – Senior Medical Director, Healthcare Transformation and Health Equity at 3M Health Information System
Dr. Clarke serves on the District of Columbia Health Dept. Scientific Committee for the Safe and Equitable Distribution of COVID-19 Vaccines, and serves as a keynote speaker for AARP and United Health Group, among others. She is a co-founder of the Black Coalition Against COVID-19, which advises the White House COVID Task Force on pandemic effects in communities of color.
9:15–10:15 AM Panel 1: State of the Market in Life Sciences
Current views of Life Sciences market post Covid recovery. How are sectors recovering? How have capital markets and M&A been impacted and how will they respond? What are some of the biggest indicators they are watching in recovery?
- (Moderator) Karen Zaderej – Chairman, CEO & President, Axogen
- Danielle Antalffy – Managing Director, SVB Leerink Partners
- Kaila Krum – Partner, Braidwell
- Marie Thibault – Managing Director, BTIG
10:15–10:45 AM Break
10:45–11:45 AM Panel 2: Running a Global Business in 2021 and Beyond
COVID has changed how companies lead global organizations and expand commercial operations. Dynamics have changed for large multi-nationals as well as early stage companies looking for investment and growth. Panelists will discuss concerns ranging from supply chain, distribution, procurement, clinical studies, and what they are doing to adapt to the “new normal.”
- (Moderator) Abigail Garrity – Principal, Health Care and Social Impact, Corporate Finance and Strategy, Boston Consulting Group
- Rosaleen Burke – SVP, Global Quality and Regulatory, Boston Scientific
- Christina de Mur – GM Cardiology IT, GE Healthcare
- Sylvia Fouhy –VP – Medical Device Supply Chain – Deliver and Digital Solutions, Johnson & Johnson
11:45–12:45 PM Lunch
12:45–1:30 PM MedExecWomen 2021 Executive Interview with Cathy Burzik
Cathy is a member of the Board of Directors of Becton-Dickinson and Company (NYSE: BDX), Haemonetics Corporation (NYSE: HAE), and StemBioSys, Inc., and is Chairman of the Board of Directors of the American College of Wound Healing and Tissue Repair.
Interviewer: Maria Shepherd – President, Medi-Vantage
1:30-2:30 PM Panel 3: Where are the procedures going?
COVID has accelerated site of service shifts for “regulated” patient care. Where are the procedures going, how are providers and payers influencing the move, and how do Life Sciences/MedTech respond with innovation and commercial model changes?
- (Moderator) Michael Jaff, DO – Chief Medical Officer & VP, Peripheral Interventions, Boston Scientific
- Anne Klibanski, MD – President & CEO, Mass General Brigham
- David Passafaro – President, New England Baptist Hospital
2:30–3:00 PM Break
3:00–3:45 PM Panel 4: Health Inequities
The events of 2020 highlighted several issues related to inequities in health care. They span clinical trial participation, patient education and hesitancy, and health care delivery and access. What is the Life Sciences/MedTech industry doing to address these issues?
- (Moderator) Lindee Goh – Partner, Tapestry Networks
- Chelsey Berstler – VP, Affordability, Government Programs (Medicare & Medicaid), United Health Group
- Camille Chang Gilmore – VP, HR and Global Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer, Boston Scientific
- Christine Jackson – Senior Director, Health Economics, Policy & Reimbursement, Medtronic
3:45-4:30 PM Panel 5: How to Become a Board Member
- (Moderator) Helen Routh – Board Director & Advisor in Healthcare Technology
- Alison Taunton-Rigby – Life Sciences Entrepreneur, CEO & Board Member
- Robin Toft – Chairman and Founder, The Toft Group
- Ellen Zane – CEO Emeritus, Tufts Medical Center
4:30–5:00 PM Closing Keynote: Amy Pollack, MD, FACOG, FACPM
Amy Pollack is Senior Director at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
5:00–5:15 PM Closing Remarks
5:15–7:30 PM Networking Wine Reception & Dinner
Please be assured that MedExecWomen Conference organizers are actively monitoring all national and state guidelines regarding COVID-19 precautions. We will be requiring proof of vaccinations and mask-wearing to ensure the safety of attendees. Proof of vaccination must be shown using the CLEAR Health Pass, a free mobile experience on the CLEAR app. Attendees will be required to verify vaccination status via the CLEAR app upon arrival at the meeting site.
- October 26, 2021