- This event has passed.
Diversity and Inclusion in the Life Science Industry
November 19, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm
Biocom’s Device & Diagnostics Committee Presents: Diversity and Inclusion in the Life Science Industry
Join us for an open discussion on what some of the key challenges are and what we can do as a community to move the needle on an issue that is critical for our industry to grow and develop. How do we address the lack of diversity and what are some tactical steps to address this important issue? From STEM education to product commercialization, there are severe gaps and a lack of representation.
Discussion topics include:
• Why medical technology companies need diversity for the company’s long-term growth and success at all levels including Boards, C-suite, and leadership positions
• How clinical trials are designed and how diversity could impact the outcome of these studies
• Real world stories about diversity and bias
• How to address this topic with your employees and why
• This is not just an HR issue – it is an organizational shift so what can you specifically do to make a difference?
• STEM Education – how we can train of the next generation scientists in academic centers
• Workforce Development – how can we hire, support, and mentor the next generation of laboratory/business leaders to raise capital, start new companies, and develop breakthrough technologies.
- November 19, 2020
1:00 pm - 2:15 pm