- This event has passed.
Looking ahead to 2021: Impacts of the election for the life sciences and health care industry
November 19, 2020 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
Life Sciences and Health Care Horizons virtual event series
The fast pace of innovation in the life sciences and health care industry has reached an all-time high in 2020 as the industry grapples with the new reality of trying to solve the COVID-19 crisis while also keeping its usual business and science efforts in forward motion.
This global, virtual series aims to tackle the issues shaping the future of the industry. From the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and outcomes from the U.S. election to supply chain disruption and digital innovation, the series will feature informative presentations, cutting-edge analysis, and engaging virtual discussions.
On November 3, American citizens who have not yet voted will head to the polls to vote in the presidential and congressional elections. Whether the administration changes or not, global life sciences and health care companies will have to navigate the ramifications of the 2020 election results as they continue to face ongoing disruptions caused by the COVID-19 crisis.
Join members of our Global Regulatory team for a discussion of how the election results will impact the global life sciences and health care industry, including:
- An election status update, its top line implications, and expectations for the next 100 days.
- The prognosis for the ACA and key policy priorities such the nation’s public health infrastructure, Medicare and Medicaid coverage and funding, and the continuing debate around drug pricing.
- The future of drug importation and FDA’s continued reliance on Emergency Use Authorizations for the COVID-19 response effort.
- The relationship of the U.S. with the rest of the world and what that means for trade relationships and companies with global supply chains.
- What companies can do now to prepare to work with the administration and the new Congress.
- November 19, 2020
12:30 pm - 2:00 pm