Mid-Atlantic Life Sciences & Biotech Summit
June 21 @ 9:00 am - 2:30 pm
What You’ll Learn:
- Move over, San Francisco — the Washington/Baltimore region beats the Bay Area in life sciences research talent, according to CBRE. What helped bring the Mid-Atlantic into the life science limelight, and how can it keep its place in the top two?
- What new economic drivers and incentives, from D.C. government to Frederick County, are incentivizing top companies to locate to the Mid-Atlantic?
- While some Montgomery County sites are hotbeds for life sciences, others like White Oak aren’t taking off. What are companies looking for before finalizing a location within the DMV?
- Who’s financing today’s life science deals in the region?
- What new developers are acquiring, or building, life sciences lab space? What unique challenges and opportunities are there amidst today’s construction woes?
- How can D.C., Maryland, and Virginia collaborate to create an aligned biotech hub?
How You’ll Do More Business: The life sciences frenzy continues dominating national CRE, and biotech appears to have made a significant home in Greater Washington. More than 2 million square feet of lab space is in Montgomery County’s i-270 Corridor alone, and the sector is spreading. From George Mason’s life sciences expansion in Manassas to Wexford’s growth in Baltimore, as well as continued interest and expansion in Frederick County, the greater DMV is embracing biotech with fervor. But with new players, investors, and opportunities come challenges to keep up with increased demand. Join us as we discuss how to make your mark in biotech, what submarkets are ripe for opportunity, and how the life sciences commercial real estate demand is impacting additional CRE markets in the D.C. region.
Who You’ll Meet: Top life science tenants, owners, developers, public officials and biotech advocates, and more!
For questions regarding content, speaking and sponsorship opportunities, please email our Director of Event Production, Elizabeth Baker, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- June 21
9:00 am - 2:30 pm