- This event has passed.
WuXi Healthcare Forum 2022
April 26, 2022 - April 28, 2022
Dear Colleagues and Friends,
Join thousands from around the world virtually this April 26-28 for the complimentary global WuXi Healthcare Forum 2022 as our industry and R&D ecosystem converge to respond to the World Health Organization’s calls for urgent action to address Noncommunicable Diseases (NCD) – with cardiovascular diseases, cancer, and neurological disorders as the top challenges – which are collectively responsible for almost 70% of all deaths worldwide.
A vital opportunity to take actions on topics that matter –
• Rising to the Challenge: Why are the challenges facing our ecosystem so urgent? What’s holding us back from making new progress? How do we continue to break through barriers? AstraZeneca’s BioPharmaceuticals R&D Chief Sir Menelas Pangalos, Director of NINDS/NIH, Walter Koroshetz, Chief Science & Medical Officer of American Heart Association, Mariell Jessup, CVCT Forum Chair, Faiez Zannad, Chief Patient Officer of American Cancer Society, Arif Kamal, CEO-Partner of Flagship Pioneering, Stephen Hahn, and J&J’s External Innovation Chief, William Hait, will share their perspectives and vision for the future.
• Moving the Needle in Neurological Disorders: A dynamic VC roundtable featuring Laurence Barker of The Dementia Discovery Fund, Philip Scheltens of the Dementia Fund at EQT Life Sciences, Christina Isacson of Lightstone Ventures, and Rana Al-Hallaq of Pfizer Ventures.
• Spotlight on Parkinson’s Disease: To highlight Parkinson’s Disease Awareness Month this April, we will showcase the unique challenges and opportunities facing the development of new therapeutics for PD’s with a dialogue between Todd Sherer of the Michael J. Fox Foundation and Andrew Siderowf of the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
• Revitalizing Cardiovascular R&D: What are the rate-limiting steps of CVD R&D? How can we move the dial on drug discovery & development towards finding a cure? Simone Fishburn, Chief Editor of BioCentury will lead a C-suite roundtable with Sekar Kathiresan of Verve Therapeutics, Claudia Ulbrich of Cardior Pharmaceuticals, Christopher de Souza of Broadview Ventures, and Michael Mendelsohn of Cardurion Pharmaceuticals.
• Conquering the Next Frontiers in Cancer Therapies: How can we tackle difficult cancers? How do we breach the heterogeneity issue in cancer therapeutic development? Are we delivering on the promise of precision medicine for cancers? These and many more questions will be debated among a leading expert panel, featuring Lewis Williams of Walking Fish Therapeutics, Adam Friedman of Scorpion Therapeutics, Luba Greenwood of Kojin Therapeutics, Rajesh Chopra of Apple Tree Partners, and KT Moortgat of Droia Ventures.
• And more on new modalities, new targets and new enabling platforms…
Complimentary and open to the global healthcare innovation ecosystem, this 3-day program will premiere via Zoom from 8 AM – 11 AM PDT (11 AM – 2 PM EDT) daily on April 26-28.
Click HERE for our speaker bios and program agenda.
Global challenges require global solutions and global collaborations. We hope you will join us for this year’s dynamic discussions.
WuXi Healthcare Forum Committee
- April 26, 2022
- April 28, 2022